Resources for Parents and Guardians
In this section you will find information and links to articles on parenting issues, careers guidance and other useful information relating to the education and development of children with a particular emphasis on teenage girls.
This information is collected from a variety of sources including teachers and parents. The content will be co-ordinated by Ms. Catherine Flanagan who is the Guidance Counsellor at Mount Sackville School. She may be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any suggestions or additions for this web page please forward them to her.
- http://www.schooldays.ie/articles/leaving-certificate - A range of useful information on the 2012/2013 Leaving Certificate programme. Included are important dates, useful parenting resources and revision supports.
- www.education.ie - Department of Education website
- www.cao.ie - Central Applications Office
- www.skoool.ie - Lots of advice and articles on school life/ subjects / study skills/ exams etc.
- www.examinations.ie - An offical website which contains the curriculum and past papers of Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate exams. Check out the offical marking schemes to see how papers are corrected and scored.
- www.careersportal.net - A new Irish careers web site.
- www.qualifax.ie - A web site for college courses here in Ireland and elsewhere. Also contains information on subject choices.
- http://pediatrics.about.com/od/teenagers/Teenagers.htm - An American website but contains lots of interesting links and advice on teenage years
- www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/your_kids/teen_risky.shtml - Advice from the BBC website on parenting teens
- www.spunout.ie - Website for teens giving information about school, studying, summer activities and other teen issues.
Note: Links to Third Party websites Are Not Endorsements. The linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site.